Monday, February 15, 2016


This is...The district.  Minus two of the elders who decided to sleep in...Losers.
Elder Bennion, Elder Noovau, Hermana Larson, Hermana Leija, Hermana Perkins, Hermana Larsen
Ta daaaaa! I made it to Preparation Day! There were a few times where
I wasn't sure I was going to make it though this week, I'm gonna be
quite honest, and most of it has to do with..... Food. Serves me right
for talking about it so much in my emails home, eh? ;) This week on
the menu: raw chicken (which happened twice), Liver, pig fat, tuna
pasta, garlic garlic GARLIC, (it's been two days and about 10
teeth-brushing sessions and I can still taste it) and oil-soaked
potatoes, which were burnt on one side and completely raw on the
other. (Which happened twice as well. Fun fun! (Please don't put that
part in the blog, haha, I just wanted to let you know that the Lord is
helping me to eat stuff that I normally wouldn't be able to. And He's
helping me to not die in the process, so woot woot!) 
**Note from Rebecca:  Sorry, but how could I edit that out?  It must go down in history!**
This week was
also kind of a rough one because Satan is working hard on all of our
investigators. Nobody was able to come to Church on Sunday, except one
investigator we haven't seen at all in the last couple weeks, most of
our appointments fell though, and the success that we found while
contacting turned out to be a victory for the other hermanas, because
the new investigators live in their area. Which was happy because they
were golden new investigators, but sad because we fell in love with
them and we had to let them go. But it's ok because the other Hermanas
(Hermana Larsen and Hermana Leija) are great and we know they'll take
good care of them! We also had a ward activity for Valentine's Day
which was great because everyone in the ward got to know each other a
bit better and I got to meet a lot more of them! I love this ward,
everyone is so kind and fun and funny and they each have spicy
personalities, haha. Angela, the relief society president is awesome
and so no-nonsense and still can be goofy at the same time! She's
hilarious. Oh also for Valentine's Day night I made Chocolate covered
strawberries and bananas and we watched the chastity video from The
District with the Hermanas in our piso! Best valentines day dates
ever, eh? ❤️Haha I love those girls.
So there aren't a whole ton of grand events to talk about this week
I'm afraid, it was mostly a lot of walking and contacting and praying
for strength and the Gift of Tongues. It was a tough week! But it's
good because we know what we need to do for this next week and we have
a full plate of things to do and people to see! And with every time
that we get rejected or hurt or laughed at or when things fall
through, Hermana Perkins and I are able to lean more on each other and
on our Savior and our testimony of the enabling power of the Atonement
grows. There were a few times when I really wasn't sure how much
longer I could walk, how much longer I could handle rejection after
rejection, or how much longer I could continue to feel as foolish as I
do trying to speak Spanish. In fact, there were a few times when I
couldn't continue on my own. But every time that happened, right at
the moment I couldn't do it anymore, tender mercies of the Lord
appeared in the form of my companion and piso-mates, scriptures,
conference talks, music (hymns and other mission appropriate music, of
course 😉) people that we would meet in the street, ward members, and
countless other evidences of the hands of the Lord and His servants.
And it's a good thing that Hermana Perkins is on my team, because I
definitely couldn't do anything without her. :) 
Companeras


I love you all and I miss you and I pray for you every day!
Love,
-Hermana Larson



No comments:

Post a Comment