Monday, March 14, 2016

Hola Familia!
This week, yet again, has gone faster than I can believe. We're
already back at Monday??? That's crazy talk! Pues... This week was one
of miracles, I gotta tell you. On Wednesday, we contacted almost all
day, and we found all kinds of promising people on the street with
interesting stories and ideas, and then the LAST person we meet on the
street turns out to be a lady from Ecuador who had been baptized
there, but who had never had her records transferred over here, so
she's never gone to church here! She has some issues with the church
that she's working through, so we're going to continue to meet with
her for a while before she starts attending again, probably, but que
suerte, eh? Milagros cada dia, aqui in Espana. I've taken to cooking
quite a bit since I've been here! Orange rolls, different kinds of
Pasta, brownies, arrepas, all kinds of stuff! It's been really fun to
use that time in mediodia to cook and get to know my companion and
piso mates a little bit better, and then I get to eat yummy food! So,
win-win! Today for preparation day we helped the elders and hermanas
in Badalona 2 to move one of their less-active families out of their
piso and into another piso about 15 minutes away. Which was really
fun, actually, and productive, but the first piso was up on the FOURTH
floor, with NO elevator, and very little light, so it was quite the
adventure. So I ran up and down about a million stairs today, so I'm
gonna feel super good tomorrow! Haha adventure is out there! 


Also, to
give you another idea about the area that I work, we got super hit on
by two guys from Morocco yesterday.... That was super awkward. The
conversation went a little something like this:
"So... Do you have a cell phone number?"
-Actually on this card is the number of the Church! We meet on Sunday's at 11.
"Do you have... A Facebook?"
-Not at the moment! We're out here for a year and a half to tell
people about the gospel.
"Do you have.... *insert social media here*"
-Nope! I'm so sorry, it looks like we have to go. It was nice meeting
you, though!

La vida missional! The name tag attracts all kinds of people... ;)
Anyway, that's about all the time I've got this week! We got here a
little late so I'm sorry that it's so short, but I love you all and I
miss you all and I'm so happy to be here!
Until next week!

-Hermana Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment