Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Holaaaaaaa Familia!

Buenos Tardes y Lunes Feliz! (That last bit isn't really Spanish.... I
just wanted to wish y'all a happy Monday.)  I can't believe I've been out for 4 whole
months already! I miss you all so much, but every day I'm loving being
out here more and more. It's just like dad said, it's funny how you
can have some of the hardest days/moments of your life, but still be
generally so happy! This week passed like a blur yet again, and was
just FULL of fun visits and people.
Monday we went to Ikea, which I can't remember if I've talked about or
not already..... Anyway, it was magical. It was more of a low-key day,
as we just cleaned piso and shopped and relaxed for a bit, then headed
over, got ourselves an ice cream cone, and browsed the BIGGEST STORE
IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. It was like going to a museum... For free!
Boom! And reading things in Catalan/Swedish was one of the most
confusing experiences of my life. So that was fun! Then on Tuesday we
had to head to the office to get my residency done, and guess what?
I'M FINALLY AND TOTALLY LEGAL NOW! Boom!!!! I've got my shiny new
residency and I can finally cut down on visits to various government
buildings. I'm done! (For now) Wednesday we did weekly planning, which
is always one of my favorite things, except that I was sick as a dog.
It was quite a.... Different type of experience than usual, simply
because my head felt like it was about to explode. Over the week it
got a bit worse, including the complete loss of my voice from
Thursday-Sunday. But hoorah, Miraculous Monday, I'm cured! Everyone
tends to get sick in their training, or so I'm told, a couple of
times, and my pattern has been that I get a cold right around
Transfers. Hope that one doesn't continue, or I've got quite a few
more colds coming my way over the next 14 months.... ;) (Transfer
calls are this coming Saturday... As of right now, I have no idea
what's going to happen. Guess next Preparation day will be an
adventure! It's going to be on Tuesday, by the way, before I forget.)
Sunday was the busiest day so far of my entire mission, because we had
visits from dawn to dusk one right after another all day! We ended up
SPRINTING full on from visit to visit, and from our last visit to piso
at the end of the day. Now y'all know I'm not much of a runner, but it
was one of my favorite days of my mission so far. And we witnessed a
huge miracle! The Ecuadorian/Peruvian family that we've been visiting
agreed to come to church with us for next Sunday, and THEN we found
out that the father of this family is actually the brother of one of
our Menos Activos and her family! And then we ran into HER MOTHER in
the street in another part of our area right after that visit! AND
THEN we met her SISTER in ANOTHER part of our area right after that!
It's a sign. :) MIRACLESSSSSSS!!!!!! Today we headed up to Montjuic,
which is the same place that we went on my first day here in
Barcelona! It was kind of funny, going up there again, and thinking
about how much has changed and even how much I have changed in the
last 11 weeks. Crazy! Including that I have met people from almost
FIFTY different countries. Ready for the list? Here we go!
Spain
America
Pakistan
India
Bangladesh
Syria
Turkey
Israel
Russia
Ukraine
Romania
Denmark
Netherlands
Germany
Canada
Ghana
Nigeria
Congo
Morocco
England
France
Gambia
Honduras
Colombia
Equador
Peru
Senegal
Tahiti
Bolivia
Italy
Austria
Australia
New Zealand
Mexico
Chile
Ivory Coast
Portugal
Brazil
China
Cuba
Jamaica
Egypt
Guatemala
Cambodia
Dominican Republic
Haiti
Lebanon
Guinea Equitorial
Iran.
Impressive, huh? I keep saying it's like I'm getting to serve in all
the world at once! I love this mission and I love Badalona SO MUCH!
All the ghetto-ness and all. I love getting to be a part of this work
and getting to be a missionary. I love you all! Have a good week!
Love,

Hermana Larson





No comments:

Post a Comment