Tuesday, May 31, 2016


Buenos Tardes Familia!

Wow this week has been SO LONG! We got Transfer Calls on Saturday, and
I'm still going to be in Badalona for at least another transfer! This
time I'm NOT with someone who is just about to leave the mission
field. ;) Her name is Hermana Romero, and she's from Madrid so I'll be
practicing my Spanish A LOT over the next few weeks. She's super
sweet, and I can't wait to work with her! She's actually the one who
showed me around and worked with me my first night in the mission
field, so I already know and love her!!!! This is going to be a great
transfer, I can tell.


So this week was a lot of preparation to send off Hermana Birch into
the great wide world. We went and visited with almost all of our
investigators and quite a few members, and EVERYONE WANTED TO GIVE US
FOOD!!!! So we had a couple of reallly really REALLY good eating
visits, and a couple of visits that were more.... Interesting. But
everyone was so kind and so giving and so loving!!!! I'm so glad I get
to stay another transfer with these amazing people here. Ok, so my
favorite visit this week was with our Peruvian/Ecuadorian family, and
they served us a traditional Peruvian dish that I have NO IDEA how to
spell. You pronounce it like, " papa la wan kah yeena", and it's
basically this really yummy sauce that they put on potatoes and
chicken and whatever else. It was SOO GOOD!!!!




 I love Peruvian food, so far it's turned out to be my favorite. Something that wasn't quite
my favorite, as we discovered this week, was a little something they
in Africa call Fufu. It's a huge ball of mashed potato kind of stuff,
though traditionally it's done with yucca, and you take a bit with
your hands and use it like an edible spoon in a stew type thing. A
REALLY REALLY REALLY SPICY stew type thing. My poor non-African
tastebuds didn't handle it very well. But it's a rite of passage here
in the Spain Barcelona mission, so at least I can say I've tried it!


All the people here are so kind and generous, and they always want to
give you all kinds of goodies. Which is not great for those of us who
would like to trim down a bit, but as one gifted writer from this
mission suggested, it's a double blessing - food, and a tad bit more
humility. ;)

Hermana Birch was a great trooper though it all - all the roller
coaster emotions of the final week of the mission. She is a missionary
that kept working right up until the end, and she wasn't going to let
anything stop her! I learned so much from her and I'm so grateful for
her example and for the time I got to spend with her.

Badalona, Barcelona, and Palma Zones
Hermana Larson is front row, 4th from the left

*I think these might be the 3 Hermana Larsons, but I'm not sure.  (Actually, 2 of them are LarsEns!)

We also had a member of the area 70 come this week, which was super
exciting! Elder Dyches and his wife, Sister Dyches came and talked to
us in a big multi-zone mission tour. That was a really great
experience and the spirit was so strong! They had some really great
things to say about being grateful and having meaningful companionship
study and planning sessions, which will definitely help us in our
work. Hermana Romero and I can't wait to get started!



Well, that's the update for this week,  I love you all and I love this
gospel! I know it's true. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word
of God and that His messenger, the Holy Ghost, testifies of the truth
of the book every time we read it.

I love you all!!!!!!

-Hermana Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment