Monday, August 29, 2016

Gandía week 7

Bueeeeeeeeenas Tardes Familia!!! ¿Qué tal, mundo?

This week has been CRAZYYY and we're just barely getting started! That
being said, I'm SO SO SO SORRY that I didn't get the chance to write
last week. We ended up being at the train station all morning, then I
sent off my baby :'( to go to Barcelona at about 11. 

Saying goodbye at the train station.  Hermana Stahl (far right) is transferred to Barcelona.
The other
hermanas came and picked me up after that and we packed a picnic lunch
and headed to a REALLY beautiful park nearby to play frisbee and drink
kool-aide (I don't remember how you spell that... Sorry!) and relax in
the summer sun. At about 3, we ran and grabbed our bags from the piso
in Valencia and headed back to the train station. Here was a group of
8 of us trainers coming up from Valencia, (including Elder Jones from
good ol' AF) so we all sat on the train and talked and dozed and read
scriptures and played Uno for a little over 4 hours. We got to
Barcelona at about 10, so we just gathered all the hermanas and
crammed 8 of us in the tiny 2-Hermana piso there in Barcelona. The
next morning we woke up nice and early, got all cute, and headed over
to the Capilla, because there were THIRTY ONE trainers, and THIRTY ONE
NEW MISSIONARIES so we couldn't all fit in the mission home. THERE
WERE SO MANY PEOPLE! We had the trainers meeting with President and
Hermana Dayton and the Ayudantes, and then we came in and ate pizza
with all the new hermanas. (And elders.... But I was pretty focused on
trying to figure out who my new companion was going to be.)
We had a meeting with everyone, emphasized the importance of
maintaining the "El Faro" standards of excellence, and then the moment
came!!! The gold envelope was delivered, and one by one President
Dayton called the names of each missionary trainer, we came up and
pointed out our area on the map, and he read the name of our new
companion!!!! THAT WAS WHEN I FINALLY GOT HER!!! The magnificent,
wonderful, remarkable Hermana (Farkle) McBride! {This is a reference to one of our favorite picture books, "The Remarkable Farkle McBride" by John Lithgow.} President read off her
name, and I ran over and gave her a hug, and she picked me up and spun
me around, and that was when I knew we were going to be best friends.






She's the GREATEST! She's from Zionsville, Indiana, but she spent 2
years of her childhood in Madrid, so she speaks Spanish like a pro
already! And she's a contacting MACHINE and she's so eager to be
obedient and diligent and she's just... Great! She's teaching me a lot
about K-pop (her favorite type of music) and we talk a lot about
Merlin and Avatar: The last airbender and the other MOUNTAIN of things
we have in common. She's the oldest of 3, she's got a younger brother
and a younger sister, and she's got a dog named Jack. :)AND she's a
trooper. Wanna know why? 'Cause in the first three weeks of her
training, she's spending about THIRTY HOURS on the train- going to and
from Barcelona 3 times, with a fourth time at the end of September.
SHE'S A MACHINE!!!! We're currently back where we were last week-
waiting for a train in Valencia so Hermana McBride can go finish her
residency. She'll get back tomorrow night, we'll get back to our area
on Wednesday morning, and then we have until next Wednesday, when we
return to Barcelona for a Hermana's Conference (which I'm really
really REALLY excited about!!!)  and then we have an Area 70 touring
the mission at the end of September, so we'll be going up there
together. :) That much time away from your area is rough on anyone,
especially a new missionary, so it's just evidence of how great she is
that she can go through all that with a good attitude.

So we just got back to our area on Thursday afternoon, and got to
visit with a couple of our investigators and members to introduce her,
and she's already fitting in so well here. I can't wait to see what
this transfer holds!

We also moved to a new district this transfer, which is kinda crazy,
but it's good because it means that we only have to travel to Cataroja
every week, rather than all the way to Valencia. Our new district and
district leader are both great! Unfortunately for all, I'm the only
one who can play a few hymns on the piano in our district, so I have
to play for our district meetings. (I'm sorry mom, I should've stuck
with piano lessons!!!!) So everyone will be pretty good at singing "We
thank thee o God for a prophet" and "nearer my god to thee" by the end
of the transfer. :)

I found a quote by President Hinckley this week that I really really love!

"The best antidote I know for worry is work. The best medicine for
despair is service. The best cure for weariness is the challenge of
helping someone who is even more tired."

#ILoveMissionaryLyfe #GreatestCompanion #GonnaBeAGreatWeek

I love you all! Talk to you soon!
Love,
-Hermana Larson





No comments:

Post a Comment