Monday, September 5, 2016

GANDÍA WEEK 8!!!!

Monday: We finished preparation day, I sent my cute companion off, and
I waited for the other hermanas from Valencia to come pick me up. We
headed over to their area, and we had a nice lesson with one of their
investigators on a bench, which was really fun, and pretty different,
because it was in ENGLISH! I forget how to say things in English
sometimes. Mostly Gospel things. But it was good! He was from Nigeria,
so I got to show off my Pigeon English and tell him I have an Eto
Tribe name. And I got to tell him that I've eaten Fufu, which he
laughed at. Then we contacted for the rest of the night, and headed
home, tired but happy!

Tuesday: I got to spend the day with Hermana Errigo, who is finishing
her training this transfer in Valencia! Her companion went out with a
member, so we went and spent all day contacting in the streets of
Valencia! It was really really fun, but I was really really excited to
get back to Gandía and start working with our investigators again.
It's funny how quickly this little place has started to feel like
home! I love our little corner here in Spain Barcelona. :)

Gandía


Wednesday: we had District meeting, which means that we didn't get to
go back to our area until almost 3 for the afternoon, which was all
ok, because our District leader brought us Root Beer Floats. I HAVENT
HAD ROOT BEER IN ALMOST 9 MONTHS. That's crazy. Haha Hermana McBride
and I had a discussion about the things that America has that Spain
doesn't, and vice versa. Cheese It's, and Goldfish crackers, Dr.
Pepper, and Reese's products were the first on the list, hahaha. But
we traded those for Napoletanas and Kebab and Real Valenciano Paella,
so.... Pretty fair trade I think. :)

Thursday: We FINALLY GOT A SERVICE PROJECT!!!!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!
We were invited by a British couple in our Ward to come over to their
house to paint and move furniture, and it was the best thing EVER.
Plus, they gave us food afterwards, so BONUS! Then we had Noche de
Barrio, and we, as part of our object lesson (about using technology
and media wisely,) tricked our elders into eating fresh, warm,
homemade chocolate chip cookies stuffed with cloves of Garlic. Hehehe.
They still haven't forgiven us for that. But it was totally worth it!

Friday: We got to weekly plan, which almost took all day, because we
ended up having to go different places all day! If nothing else, the
mission has definitely taught me the value of Planning, because you
just feel so lost and stressed and disorganized without it! It helps
get our focus in place and helps us to really focus on our goals. I
love planning! Haha

Saturday: part two of the SERVICE PROJECT! It was just as fantastic
the second time around, and we managed to paint almost their entire
piso in just two days! Nice to feel like we have physical evidence of
our work in Gandía. ;) We came back just in time for Sports that
evening, and I got some nice lessons on how to shoot a basketball.
Maybe I'll come back a Deportista! (LOL like that's ever gonna happen)

Sunday: We had Fast and Testimony meeting, which is always a really
good (and sometimes interesting) experience! I love getting to feel
the power and peace that comes from hearing people bear their
testimonies. I love testimony meeting!

That's the loose structure of what happened this week, hahaha.
Traveling around is taking a toll on me, haha asi que I can't really
remember much of what happened in between. Women's conference this
week! Which should be AMAZING!!!! I'm so excited!!!!

I love you all and I'm so excited to be a missionary! Here's what I
learned about COURAGE in the month of Augosto!

-courage is the form of every virtue at the testing point.... Pilate
was merciful until it became risky. -CS Lewis

-Courage is the word we need to hear and hold dear to our hearts;
courage to turn our backs on temptation, courage to lift up our
testimony to all whom we meet, remembering that everyone must have an
opportunity to hear the message. It is not an easy thing for most to
do this. But we can come to believe in the words of Paul to Timothy;
"For got hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of
love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the
testimony of our Lord.

-Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.

-D&C 6:33-34

-How Firm a Foundation

-And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is
good? But and if ye suffer for the righteousnes sake, happy are ye.
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give
an answer to every man that a sketch you a reason of the hope that is
in you, having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of
you, as evil doers, that they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your
good conversation in Christ. For it is better, if the will of God be
so, that ye suffer for well doing than for Evil doing. -1 Peter
3:13-17

-true and lasting courage is born of Love.

Love you all!!!!! Have a good week!!!!

Theme for September is "Integrity/Genuinity(?)" I dunno. I don't speak
English. Integrity and Genuine stuff. ;)

Love,

-Hermana Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment