Monday, February 27, 2017

His Peace

Ohh boy I'm almost out of time already, but just really quick,
Highlights of the Week!
-Monday and Tuesday we were in San Sebastián which is like the most
beautiful place I've ever seen, and it was really fun to be with our
district, especially with Hermanas Burkinshaw and Bodden who work up
there! We went on a hike up a mountain to have a picnic and drink Mate
and play Uno, so it was obviously a super fun day. 
Mate
 Then Hermana Burkinshaw and I went on a split and our companions went together and
we all worked up there. The next morning we had District meeting which
was super great and ate Kebab and then made the 3 hour trip back to
our area of Santander.
-We've been getting more eating visits, if you can believe it, and
we've enjoyed homemade Lasagna not once, not twice, not thrice, but
FOUR TIMES this week. Yep, that's how you know that your ward loves
you. :) I love our amazing ward here in Santander! They're the best.
-Now I got sick this week... not super fun. But the weather has been
SO NICE that we can't help but be outside! We somehow have avoided the
dreaded Northern Spain Winter Blast and we've hopped directly into
Spring somehow. I'm not complaining about that! But I am kinda
disappointed that I bought my rain boots to only have used them a few
times in actual rain.... oh well!

Spring Blossoms!!!!
-On sunday we had a great day filled with fantastic lessons, and we
had a couple of members bring friends to church to meet the
missionaries! One in particular is from Brazil, and she's SO CUTE!
She's only been here in Santander for a couple of months after living
in London for about 7 years, so she speaks portugués and english and a
little bit of Spanish, and she loved the different classes so much
that she cried multiple times during the different hours! Especially
in Relief Society as we were talking about President Nelson's talk
about Joy. We fixed a visit with her for this thursday, so we'll get
to see her again soon!
-I just love this gospel so much, you know? Sometimes it hits me just
how amazing the Plan of Salvation and the Restoration and the Doctrine
of Christ is.... I LOVE THIS GOSPEL AND THE SCRIPTURES AND PRAYER AND
HYMNS AND PEACE AND HAPPINESS AND THE SPIRIT AND THIS CHURCH AND THE
CHANCE I HAVE TO SHARE IT WITH OTHERS!!!
I think I probably shared it already, but I was thinking about the
conference that we had with Elder Kearon and he reminded us that it
really is very significant that investigators and members always talk
about the "peace" that we receive from the gospel, because we live in
a world where it's actually a feeling that's pretty hard to come by!
It literally CANNOT come from an evil source, it can't be forged, and
it's one of the surest signs from the Holy Ghost that we're on the
right track. Peace! I think it's pretty easy to forget that it comes
with the gospel, because sometimes we grow accustomed and take it for
granted, but it is one of the greatest gifts that comes by the spirit.
A peace that defies all understanding - HIS peace!
I love you all, Have a fantastic week! Talk to you all in March! ;)

Hermana Larson
We love heart attacking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment