Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Launch yourself off of the Lazyboy and into the unknown!

Hey! I'm so sorry, not much time to write today, I just sent off Hermana Nelson to Palma de Mallorca ☹️😭and I'll be heading over to Barcelona later to...... (drum roll please) pick up my trainee! I'm training again!😅 Which is really humbling and exciting, and I'm so excited to show someone the wonder of such an area as Santander! Super exciting. Quick rundown of the week

We had a conference with Elder Kearon and it was so fun! As we were cycling through greeting him and Los Dayton, he asked if I was "from the Davies" and I said yes and he grabbed my hand and told me all about how much he loves grandma and grandpa. :) I told him that I do, too. After the meeting I got the chance to have a short interview with him and it's clear that he's a true inspired servant of God! 



The conference was really good, just a big discussion with everyone about how to really carry the message of this gospel to the people and grow as missionaries. How to apply what we're teaching in our own lives and so forth. :) some of my favorite lessons:
"Launch yourself off of the lazy boy and into the unknown!"
"Quit worrying!!! Just work hard and be happy."
"We're a people who above anyone else believe in fresh starts and new beginnings." 
"We do believe we are a hospital for the sick, not a monestary for the perfect."
"We don't define ourselves by the bad things that have happened to us. None of us would get through life properly that way."
We laughed a lot and felt the spirit super strongly and it was a fantastic conference. And I got to see Hermana Stahl! My first trainee! Love her. :) 



The rest of the week was full of despedidas and great lessons with our investigators! And Alassana, our investigator from Guinea Bissau, said that he's seriously considering Baptism and that he thinks that this might be the correct path for him! MIRACLES ARE SO REAL!! 

On Sunday we had a CRAZY STORM with wind and hail and rain and thunder and lightning and SNOW. IN SANTANDER. SNOW. Everyone in the Ward was freaking out because some of them have never seen snow before in their lives! It was so fun, even if it made things a little complicated for the rest of the day. 

So. Hermana Nelson is gone. Tears were definitely shed. These last two transfers have gone by WAY too fast, and it's so tough to say goodbye to her because we don't know when we're going to see each other again! She's going to be in Palma for the next few transfers, so I probably won't see her until after the mission. It's so hard to say goodbye to all these people that you grow so attached to so quickly! But she's a fantastic missionary and she's going to see some great miracles! 

Sorry, that's about all the time I've got right now, but I love you all! Have a good week! 





🇪🇸¡El Reino De Dios o Nada! 

No comments:

Post a Comment