Tuesday, April 4, 2017

¡¡¡Muy buenas!!!
As promised, an extremely long email recounting all of the happenings
of the last two weeks, since yours truly has been an inexcusable
slacker in regards to writing emails.

Pues these last two weeks have absolutely FLOWN by, and I'm trying to
remember exactly what has happened. I don't know if I already talked
about it or not, but we had transfer calls and I get to stay in
Santander with Hermana Dinkelman for another 6 weeks at least, which
I'm thrilled about! I love it here. Especially now in springtime where
everything is getting even more green and flowery and warm and
beautiful! Not to mention all the work that we're getting to do! We've
now officially moved in to our new chapel, but it's not dedicated yet
because we're still missing the benches for the sacrament hall and a
few other little things, and we're hurriedly getting ready for our
3-day open house that we'll be having at the end of this month, to
give a little tour to the government officials of Santander, to press,
to investigators, less-active members, friends, and hopefully everyone
else in the north of Spain! The good news is it's a beautiful huge
chapel, but the bad news is that for now it's a little bit difficult
for people to find. But poco a poco!
Some of the highlights of last week were:
-being able to help some of our investigators move out of their piso.
They called us on Friday morning and asked if we could help them,
because they had to be out of their piso in less than two hours, so we
and the elders rushed over and helped them get everything packed and
moved out! We were able to find a couple new investigators through
that, PLUS were able to get everything moved out in time! Add that to
the miracle that someone actually took us up on our offer to help, and
you'll see that we had a pretty miraculous day. :)
-we had a ward activity put on by the youth in our ward- a tropical
dinner/dance to help them pay for their trip to EFY this summer. What
amazing youth we have in our ward! It's always so great to see them
working so hard.
- During Sports this last week it was raining pretty hard, so the
youth and investigators and missionaries had a giant ping-pong
tournament in the chapel. I'll not get into details, but let's just
say that I'm not going to make it to the Olympic trials for table
tennis anytime soon.
Last week I was able to go on an intercambio to Bilbao with one of my
good friends, Hermana Meredith! She's an incredible missionary who
always finds the light and joy of every situation, and shares the
message of happiness at all times by living it! I think one of my
favorite parts of the mission is getting to meet and talk with people
who live and love and share the gospel with others. They are all such
great examples to me and I feel so blessed to get to know so many
incredible people who do that in so many different ways! I'm going to
have the privilege of going on a few more intercambios back to Bilbao
and to San Sebastián and Vitoria this transfer, so I'm going to be
able to see a lot of northern Spain and I'm going to get to meet lots
of new people, so I'm super excited about that.
Now, you're probably wondering why I haven't said anything about
General Conference yet, and that's cause... I haven't seen most of it.
We were able to see the general women's session (which was INCREDIBLE)
and the Saturday morning session, (ALSO INCREDIBLE) but we missed the
rest because I had to travel to Barcelona on Sunday for a conference.
So after doing our studies, hermana Dinkelman brought me to the bus
station where I took a bus to Bilbao to meet with Hermana Dupré who is
working in Vitoria where we then took a plane to Barcelona and spent
the night in the mission home, while our companions went back to
Santander. All day Monday we were blessed to be able to be instructed
by the Spirit and President and Hermana Dayton and other leaders,
which was one of the most uplifting days of my mission, and then that
night we took another plane back to Bilbao to spend the night. And
finally this morning I got back to Santander! It's good to be home. :)
One of my favorite things that I learned from the conference this week
was this:
Repentance is a privilege.
I'm so grateful to have part of my life a gospel that allows me to
learn and grow from my mistakes. I'm so grateful that my Savior, Jesus
Christ, suffered for my sins, temptations, trials, and  weaknesses.
I'm grateful that He made and continues to make it possible for us to
return to our Father in Heaven. I'm grateful for his love and example.
I love you all! Have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment