Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Querida Familia. 


Pues, it's been fun. Thanks for everything. Talk to you on the flip side. 


Hermana Larson. 
🇪🇸¡El Reino De Dios o Nada! 













Haha just kidding, I'm just having a hard time coming up with what to say to adequately express what's going on in my life right now. This last week has been crazy. As usual. :) We've been between intercambios, meetings, traveling, Zone Conference, Interviews, Concelio in Barcelona, and right now we're in Bilbao to do a mini intercambio/have preparation day/prepare for District Meeting tomorrow. Long story short, time is going crazy fast right now, and 
I never ever EVER imagined that I would make it to this point. Ever. Honestly I think I figured that I would just be here, doing this mission thing for the rest of my natural life. I guess that this is just the beginning though, my life as a missionary is nowhere near ending. :) something that we do as a mission at the end of our term as a "full time missionary" is to share "Lo que El Señor me ha enseñado" or "What the Lord has taught me". I thought maybe I'll put some of my notes on here. 


WHAT THE LORD HAS TAUGHT ME 
DECEMBER 2015-JUNE 2017

-A couple words at least in: Spanish, Catalán, Valenciano, Euskara, Romanian, Russian, German, Italian, Portuguese, Twi, Benin, Edu, Quechua, Greek, Chinese, and Arabic. 
-How to eat Fufu, Pique Machu, Arroz con Leche, Tortilla de Patata, Morcilla, Empanadas and Arrepas, Kebab, and Rice and Fried eggs and Hot dogs. 
-How to take lice out of someone's hair
-How to live in the Ghetto
-How to live in the (crazy expensive) north of Spain 
-How to sleep.... basically anywhere 
-How to get into buildings to knock doors
-The Lord truly works by small and simple means
-God is mindful of His Children (I found that that even applies to me, personally) 
-The temple truly is the house of the Lord
-There's a difference between believing and having faith
-Happiness is the purpose of life, but there's a big difference between being happy and simply having fun. 
-AGENCY IS REAL AND IMPORTANT. And frustrating. But important. 
-The day of rest is SO IMPORTANT to the rest of the week, more than anything for the Sacrament. 
-when I submit my will to God, I ALWAYS end up happier. 
-The worth of a soul is its capacity to become as God. 
-We have known great sorrow, but we have seen the power of the Savior turn our most devastating defeats into glorious spiritual victories. 
-The wisdom of God may appear as foolishness to men. But the greatest single lesson we can learn in mortality is that when God speaks and a man obeys, that man will always be right.
-Gods work and Glory is not simply to run an effective organization, its to bring to pass the immortality and  eternal life of man. 
-Missionary work is not easy because Salvation is not a cheap experience
-This gospel is true. I know it is, because it works. It absolutely has wrought a mighty change in me, and in those around me, and in HUNDREDS of people whom I've met here. 
-This is the real restored gospel of Jesus Christ. 
-My Heavenly Father is real, he knows me, he loves me, and he is always aware of and watching out for his children. 
-My Savior lives. His Atonement is infinite and indescribably wonderful and beyond our current understanding. He is full of mercy and love and compassion, he understands each of us perfectly and completely, and He will never leave us comfortless. The testimony of Alma 7:11-13 is truth. 
"And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.  And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.  Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me." 
-The Holy Ghost is real and powerful and only testifies of truth. 
-There is no sacrifice that I could make that would even get me close to paying off part of the debt I owe to my Father. And every time I give something to the lord, he blesses me beyond what I have room enough to receive. President Monson has quoted, "The best decision I ever made was to give up something I loved to the God I love even more. He has never forgotten me for it."


As President Nelson has said, 
Every missionary can have at least one convert on the mission- his or herself. Done the right way it will not just be a baptism, not just a church attender or a name to be remembered but a rock solid, true blue, through and through disciple who will be an exemplary member long after the mission is over. 


I hope to be that, 
Love you all. 
Hermana Larson



No comments:

Post a Comment